1) Pat dry fish after washing in lime or vinegar water.
2) Seasoned with salt and black pepper
3) Heat a heavy pan with oil and fry fish until golden brown 5-7 mins on each side.
4) Remove and drain on a cooling rack.
5) In a sauce pan heat vinegar sugar and water. Add crushed pimento, Once boiling, stir in carrots, onions and peppers.
6) Remove from flame and keep Covered for 2 mins.
7) Spread ½ sauce in a casserole dish.
8) Add fish and spread the remaining sauce on top
9) Cover tightly. Can be served immediately or allow to sit for at least 12 hours, for an enhanced taste.